Traveling healthcare professionals often require temporary housing for their assignments. Sometimes this process can be a bit tedious, however there are more options available than you may think. Here are some ways you can find suitable housing options:
- Company-Provided Housing: Some travel healthcare agencies offer housing assistance as part of their package. They may have established partnerships with local housing providers or maintain their own furnished accommodations. Inquire with your agency about the housing options they offer.
- Online Rental Platforms: Websites and apps like Airbnb, VRBO, and HomeAway provide a wide range of short-term rental listings. Traveling professionals can search for fully furnished apartments, houses, or condos in their assignment location. They can filter results based on their specific preferences, such as amenities, price range, and proximity to the workplace.
- Extended Stay Hotels: Extended stay hotels cater to travelers who need accommodations for an extended period. These hotels typically offer fully furnished suites with kitchenettes and on-site amenities. Examples include Residence Inn by Marriott, Homewood Suites by Hilton, and Candlewood Suites.
- Online Housing Resources: Several online platforms specialize in providing housing solutions for healthcare travelers. Websites like Furnished Finder, Travel Nurse Housing, and Gypsy Nurse Housing provide listings specifically tailored to the needs of traveling healthcare professionals.
- Networking and Referrals: Reach out to fellow healthcare professionals who have previously worked in your assignment location or connect with local healthcare communities and social media groups. They can provide valuable insights, recommendations, or even help you find housing options through their network.
- Local Real Estate Agents: Contact real estate agents in the area where you will be working and explain your housing needs. They can assist in finding suitable rentals or provide information on the local rental market.
- Facebook Groups and Online Communities: Join social media groups or online communities dedicated to travel healthcare professionals. These platforms often have housing-specific sections or threads where individuals share housing listings, seek roommates, or provide recommendations.
- Temporary Housing Agencies: Temporary housing agencies specialize in providing short-term housing solutions for professionals. They offer fully furnished apartments or houses that can be leased on a monthly basis. Examples include Corporate Housing by Owner (CHBO) and National Corporate Housing.
When searching for housing, consider factors such as proximity to the workplace, safety, access to amenities, cost, lease terms, and the specific needs of your assignment. It’s advisable to start the housing search well in advance to secure suitable accommodations and ensure a smooth transition to your new location.